Edi Sets have a number associated with them – We commonly set up these types but other shippers may have additional requirements.
204 is the “Load Tender” from your EDI Partner
990 is the “Response to a Load Tender” in which you can accept or Reject a Load
214 is a “Load Status Update” to alert the Partner when the Load has been picked up or Delivered, a Delay has occurred, the ETA has been changed, or any other information the Partner may need
210 is the “Invoice” sent back to the Partner after the Load is finished
997 is a “Functional Acknowledgement” response that says you received a File from the Partner (like a 204, for example) or the Partner Received a File from You (like a 210 or 214)
The GET.bat is a ftp script file that can be used to import (download) the 204s (this may have different names at different customer sites)
- Your TMS Digital Support Team will set up an automated script to download your 204 Load Tender.
- To import the 204s – Open EDWIN, Operations, Import EDI Files, pick a file. Or: In Edwin, go to System Config, System Setup, Answer Y to Auto Import 204s. The in the next line put in a file mask of A*.txt – now when you go into EDWIN, and go to View 204s, it will automatically run the import on all those files.
- Importing the 204 will create a 997 – this is a response back to the partner, that says you received the file.
- Your automated script file will ftp the 997 to your partner.
- A 204 record will be created in Edwin, Operations, View 204 – that can be viewed by hitting the button, edited, or space bar to accept, then Process to send to Dispatch as a Load.
- To send a 214 Load acknowledgement, find that load in the Dispatch load browser, hit the “2” or the 214 button. 214 is a “Load Status Update” Now you can go back to EDWIN, Operations, Transmit 214 – all 214’s are automatically highlighted. This is the last chance to delete any 214 transaction you do not want to send. Otherwise, hit the “File 214” button to create a file.
- The automated script file will ftp the file to the Partner’s ftp server into the inbox folder.
- Once you have delivered that load, you can go into Dispatch Billing and invoice that load. This will flag the load as ready to send 210 invoice.
- EDWIN, Operations, Transmit 210 – 210 is the Invoice. All 210 tranactions will be highlighted. This is the last chance to delete any 214s that you do not want to send. Otherwise, hit the File 210 button to create a file.
- Your automated script file will send this file to the Partner’s ftp server into the inbox folder
To Resend a 210
Press 2 on the mark loads for reinvoicing screen
Note* – There is no 210 button, but there is a 214 button